Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Carving Then and Now

I can remember going to the pumpkin farm each year as a kid. Hayrides out to the field, choosing just the right one, hot apple cider to warm my hands and then heading home to plan the face. Back in the 80’s it was all about the face… pretty simple eyes, nose and mouth. Although, my dad was pretty artistic and often added ears, eyebrows and sometimes even glasses. Then came the stencils and special tools and the face just wasn’t good enough anymore.

The last few years I have been craving pumpkins with my husband, who does it because I tell him “it will be fun” but then gets frustrated (just like me) when the witch stencil proves to be nearly impossible to carve.

My favorite part is scooping out the goop inside and then toasting up the seeds for a snack.  I think this year I am going to try something new… maybe I need some new tools as well??

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin