Friday, February 19, 2010

Winter Warmers

I have a thing for hot alcoholic beverages… I even have a whole book about them (some like it hot). I love the idea of coming inside a mountain cabin after a long afternoon of snowshoeing, starting a fire in the fireplace, wrapping up in a blanket and enjoying a nice hot beverage. Doesn’t that sounds heavenly? I think so… in fact, I love this so much that I just might stop at the liquor store after work and get some ingredients for one of these delicious treats. Here are some ideas from sunset magazine:


Nutty Irishman (frangelico, bailey’s, coffee and whipped cream)



Warm Apple Pie (apple juice, all spice, nutmeg, rum and cream)



Brandied Hot Chocolate (bittersweet chocolate, sugar, milk and armagnac)



Sleepy Hallow Cider (apple juice, pumpkin-spice infused vodka and cloves)



Orange Mulled Wine (cardamom, ginger, red wine, orange liquor)



Hot White Chocolate (white choc chips, vanilla vodka, cocoa powder, marshmallows)

{sunset}

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin